Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sink your teeth in

I'm going to do something I've never done. I'm going to share a really new poem (I mean, REALLY new--I just got done writing it). I've been working on it here and there since last night so it's very rough. But I haven't shared anything in a while. Comments/critiques are appreciated.



CHIROPTERA

Sink your teeth into me
Let the sour skin dangle from your lips

You fly above me in
staggered formation,
steadfast in your romance
with the wind—
black seraph, hairy demon,
necromancer

You speak in a tongue
no one understands,
liminal echoes,
pocked flesh recoiled
in your ribcage

Little flittermouse, little prophet,
the things you could do
if you had hands,
ones, I mean, without claws
The things you could do
if your bones were stronger,
unlike twigs softened by fire
under thin membrane

Yet
your hand, look how large it is
look how it takes everything in,
drinks everything slowly,
(takes me in, drinks me slowly)
look how you are everything I am not

Tangle yourself in my hair
Show me how to see without eyes




Also, another outfit (I kind of feel like a Jedi in this):

Circle scarf- thrifted, Long sweater- I really don't remember (Kohl's?), Rope belt- thrifted, Sweater tights- gift, Wrap boots- Toms

No comments:

Post a Comment