Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fall weather, good food

I have so many student papers to comment on. But! I thought I'd procrastinate some more and write an entry. I've been pretty damn pleased with what I've been making to eat lately so I thought I'd share. I've been playing around with food a bit over the past couple of weeks (there is no rhyme or reason to it--I'm probably breaking every culinary rule) but it's been fun and everything I make somehow turns out tasting good. To name a few, I made some red pepper bruschetta, various kinds of stir fries, stuffed pepper, and all kinds of omelets. Below is what I've been putting into my belly lately. :D

Stir-fry with red peppers, onion, tomato & basil MorningStar burger (chopped up), basil, crushed red pepper

Mushroom & herb couscous, tofu, egg, onion, basil, cilantro

Hash browns, locally bought eggs with Daiya vegan cheese on toast, avocado (sliced)

Stuffed green pepper with garlic & herb couscous, tofu, basil

I can't take credit for this--Dennis made it-- and it was amazing! Poached pears simmered in black tea, melted dark chocolate, mint leaves and vanilla ice cream


Also, this is unrelated to food, but here's another outfit inspired by the chilly weather.


Circle scarf- gift, Half jacket- thrifted, Long-sleeve shirt- Target, Blue skinny jeans- thrifted, Oxfords- thrifted

2 comments: